Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Say it ain't so Sam

I have been a Toronto Raptors through all of the bad, and the semi-sweet. Come up to me and say, "Vince Carter Rules" and you are likely to catch a swat from me. Being a Raptors fan is like being a Cubs fan, without the tragic shame of history crumbling around you.... mostly.

Being a Raps fan requires a colourful vocabulary. You might as well swear, because they aren't going to get any better overnight. If Andrea Bargnani could hear what I have to say he might, I don't know, leave town or pick his 7 foot ass up off the court and hustle for his $$$.

SAm Mitchell has been my favourite coach to handle the squad. He is no nonsense, and when his car commercial is on TV, The Boy says, "Look, he is smiling now."... because he doesn't in games.

Plus, really sharp dresser, which actually counts in the NBA.

Which is why I was so disappointed to read THIS.

Sam gave up cursing.... cold turkey.... what the fuck?

How can you coach the Toronto Raptors and not curse.. even a little bit?

"It's something to let (the players and public) know that, one, I'm growing and maturing every day," he said. "Two, I'm trying to get better not only as a coach but as a person; and, three, who wants to be screamed and yelled at and cursed at every day?"


I DON'T CARE IF THEY WANT IT, THOSE GUYS NEED TO BE CURSED AT EVERY DAY... ESPECIALLY THAT LANKY EUROPEAN FUCKSTICK WITH THE DULL GLARE OF AN UNDERACHEIVER IN HIS OVERPAID EYES. RED AUERBACH WOULD HAVE BURNED HIM WITH A CIGAR BY NOW!

Fuck that Sam, fucking let them fucking have it, right between the fucking eyes. Get their fucking attention, and never fucking let go. You are in a division with Dwight Howard and Kevin Garnett. That would have me waking up at night in a cold sweat, cursing loudly.

I'll be watching the pre-season game tonight, and Sam, I don't expect to see you cursing. It is still the pre-season, you have time to work into it. BUT DON'T LET UP ON THESE FUCKERS.

You fucking know it. I fucking know it. They fucking need you to fucking stick it to them.

Except for Chris Bosh. I want him swearing at his teammates too.