Monday, March 17, 2008

Rock Stars Unite

8 am. Yellowknife Wal-Mart. I'm supposed to be buying, in order:

Hot Wheels for the boy
Clothes for the baby
Diapers for the baby

I got all three done, then I saw Rock Band for the X-Box 360. Ever hear of Guitar HEro, well this is Guitar Hero times 4. You play along to a colour coded music chart while music - surprisingly good music - plays. The set I got comes with drums, microphone and guitar, I need to buy another controller to play bass.

I won't be trying the vocals again anytime soon... I tried to sing Blitzkreg Bop" by The Ramones, and I could keep a pitch there..... then I got cocky and tried "In Bloom" by Nirvana....

"HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE's the one
who likes all our pretty songs"

The baby got scared.

I saw four different people with Rock Band sets getting on to the plane in Nunavut... but I assume most of those were for children. As the boy put it, "The Hot Wheels are for me, Rock Band is for everyone."

So, here are some videos from our first performance. First off, Iqaluit blogger Inflatable Elvis and the boy rock out "Say it Ain't So" by Weezer. Listen close and you can hear the Weezer.


I called him from the cab on the way to the airport...
"Yeah, I got Rock Band for the 360, so you may want to clear you schedule tonight..."

It would hardly be fair if I didn't include my own video... here are The Boy and KOTN on "In Bloom" by Nirvana.... check out his solo, impressive stuff:



We need someone who can keep an even pitch on non-Ramones songs... Kate Nova, I'm looking your way. The Boy already named our Band, "The Other Guys", leading us all to scratch our heads and wonder why there isn't already a band called "The Other Guys"

I also downloaded 4 songs by The Police for the game, I can do it on guitar, but I am worried about those Stewart Copeland drum bits...

Nice to be home.