Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My father and I watched them shoot our dogs

I was in Cape Dorset last week for the QIA Truth Commission, and the first part of a three part series airs tonight (APTN NATIONAL NEWS 6:30 Eastern).

Some of the testimony is just heartwrenching. Imagine watching your protector/guide/family helper/transportation being shot in front of you, because you tied them up in the wrong place.

Some people loose their minds over a parking ticket... this is much worse.

I don't want to get into it too much here, because I do like to keep this blog light and trivial. I will describe my method though.

You won't hear me speak in this series. Not once. The people of Cape Dorset do a fine job of explaining themselves without me getting in the way... so I didn't. It is in Inuktitut with English subtitles for the Inuktitut impaired.