Monday, February 11, 2008

The Maestro

Who is the man coming down your block
It's me you see with the funk in my walk




Ever get a day, when you are walking with the headphones on, and it seems like the music coming out of the speakers could be your own personal soundtrack? Well, today, I am The Masetro by The Beastie Boys.

'Cause I'm doin' just what I like to
Today is my day and I'm a get nice too


With the booming underneath (do do, da do do do do), bit of a strut on, my extra dark 70's era shades on.

You gotta keep movin' and you can't say nothing
I'm a keep bouncin' and bumpin' and struttin'
One thing you ought to know. . .
I am the maestro

(Speech)

The speech Mike D gives is perfect.

[Editor's Note: On the video, Ad-rock gives the HEY MOTHERFUCKER speech, but it sure sounds like Mike D on the album. Also, it is a Beastie song without MCA... what's up with that?]

YEAH YOU MOTHERFUCKERS
I KNOW YOU ARE ASKING
HOW CAN THIS KID BE SO SKINNY
AND SOUND SO FAT
CAUSE I AM
THE MASETRO

Any speech that Mike D gives that starts with "HEY, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS" is bound to go right.

I feel like Rufus Thomas the crown prince of dance
I'm Mike D. and I'm known for romance
I'm the crazy baldhead with the part on the side
And I'm riding down the block like I'm on a water slide


Walking down the street, crossing the road, listening to The Maestro. Things are going good, I got a bounce in my step.

'Cause it's the type of day I feel like pressing my luck
'Cause I got nothing to lose 'cause I don't give a fuck
See I'm a player I play don't play to win I play to show
I am the maestro!
(Routine, then speech)
Who is the man


Today is a good day. I'm set for most of the week workwise, we move into our new apartment on Friday, and I brought home surprise roses last night. I feel like the Maestro. Just turn the song on, walk like you are in the big reveal of the team scene in Team America World Police, and feel good yourself.

Check Your Head, severly underrated album.