Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Letters, oh, they get letters

Sometimse I get nostalgic for working on PEI, and meeting interesting characters that are unique to the Island. To fix that, I usually read Letters to the Editor.

Much credit to the Graphic newspapers. They gave me my first job, and will publish the most batshit crazy Letters to the Editor.

Check out this gem, from this weeks Graphics (support indy media, go buy a Graphic, except in West Prince, where you should take one home from your mailbox and shop at the stores who advertise there).

I had just finished trapping my fifth raccoon and was preparing to trap a sixth one when I read in the newspaper that a permit is needed before one is permitted to trap raccoons. Understanding, now, that this regulation comes from a country that bestous its highest honour on a man who aborts babies for a living. A country that allows monsterous and ugly windmills to be erected within “spittin” distance of ones front door and one that allows taxpayer’s money to be used to prop up the liberal, left wing CBC. Something seems to be wrong with this picture. (May I suggest that Fox News Channel is an interesting alternative to the CBC). By the way, I think that I should offer an apology to those cuddly creatures who were destroying my garden. I hope that they can find it in their raccoon hearts to forgive me for trapping them without a permit- no Order of Canada for me. Sincerely Donnie Doyle Campbellton


Abortion, raccoons, Order of Canada, CBC vs Fox News.... this letter has it all.

On the subject of Fox News, I was watching their election coverage last night during commercials on CNN. They say "givin'" instead of giving, and the anchor had too much makeup.

They also called Georgia for McCain a half an hour before CNN, which is based in Atlanta.... funny, they called at the same time they gave Pennsylvania to Obama... softening the blow I suppose.