Wednesday, April 23, 2008

First quarter blues

Someone tell the Toronto Raptors that there are 4 quarters in a basketball game, and that they should show up for all of them.

Twice in a row now, the Toronto Raptors have dug themselves giant holes in the first quarter, only to have solid comebacks, and last night, finish one shot away from victory.

Points in the first quarter are as important as ones in the fourth.

I hate you Dwight Howard, and so does my son. He is only 6 and 1/2 months old, but he cries whenever you knock down Chris Bosh.

To add insult to injury, in the first quarter, as the Orlando Magic were pulling away to a giant lead, I heard a familiar song on the public address system in Orlando.... "Courage" by The Tragically Hip. Instead of playing the entire song, they were just playing the bit:

Courage
My word
It didn't come, it doesn't matter

I get it, the Raps have no courage.... very clever.

Using a very Canadian specific band to get under the skin of Canadian fans, in a backhanded slap that was probably only understood by me, well, I really have to tip my hat to that. That was low.

Next game in Toronto, we are going to have that polar bear from The Leafs sodomize Mickey Mouse at halfcourt, while "It's a Small World" plays. Turnabout is fair play, jerks.